Home Forums Banned Cards Bubbling Muck

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dorotheus 9 months ago.

• Author

Dorotheus
    Community Member

So high tide is one of the first problem spells as SS. Which makes sense since it’s in blue, is an instant and can very easily just spin out a lot of mana extremely fast for very little.

But Bubbling Muck is the same card in black, at sorcery speed.

Is this one of those cards that we go “oh yea it’s a sorcery no problem” right now but shows to be really troublesome with things like Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Cabal Coffers later?

Spellman
    Oathmaster

I was actually thinking about building a deck around Bubbling Muck. I had the same thoughts run through my head: If High Tide is banned, shouldn’t Bubbling Muck be banned as well? I think the answer is the Blue is simply more powerful with all that mana. Yes, there are broken things you can with tons of black mana, but not nearly as many as with tons of blue mana. Have you brewed it up yet?

Reached out to Josh and got this answer: -The easy answer is it’s much harder to untap permanents in black than it is in blue. Then someone will say “…but Urborg.” Then I say “but then they have to go get it.” Then they say “…but lots of ways to go get it.” Then I say “Blood moon and lots of land destruction cards and lots of permanent destruction cards.” Thus lots of counter play. Blue doesn’t have to deal with half of these hoops.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by  Spellman.

Dorotheus
    Community Member

Yes
    Just an initial primer could add Cavern of Souls / Boseiju, Who Shelters All to make Walking Ballista / X spells uncountereable.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by  Dorotheus.

Login so you can join the discussion! Login Register