Home Forums Article Talk Charlotte Hornets’ LaMelo Ball Becomes Youngest Player In NBA History To Record

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  miniming 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author

miniming
    Community Member

Charlotte Hornets’ LaMelo Ball Becomes Youngest Player In NBA History To Record A Triple-Double

Last night at home against the Atlanta Hawks, LaMelo Ball became the youngest player in NBA history to get a triple-double. The 19-year-old rookie tallied 22 points, 12 rebounds and 11 assists while shooting 69% from the field and 75% from three-point range in a 113-105 win.

“It’s pretty amazing,” Hawks Hall of Famer Dominique Wilkins said on the Fox Sports South broadcast after the game. “I didn’t know what type of player he was going to turn out to be. I knew he had some size, he had ball-handeling ability and passing ability, but he’s much, much more. He is a special talent.”

Ball passed Markelle Fultz, the now second youngest on the list, and passed All-Star Luka Doncic, his brother Lonzo and 4-time NBA Champion LeBron James on the list for youngest triple-doubles in NBA history.

“Every night he gets on the floor, he’s being a factor out there on the floor,” Wilkins added. “He’s a lot better than I ever thought.”

The 6’8″ point guard has been a force off the bench and is now averaging 12.8 points, 6.3 rebounds and 5.9 assists this season. Meanwhile, the Hornets are on a 3-game winning streak in which Ball has played 25+ minutes in the last two games.

“It’s just basketball and I’m doing what I love,” Ball told reporters during the post-game interview. “I’ve been doing this ever since I was 3, so it comes quite easy to me for real.”

Last night he had 12 rebounds, and in each of the previous four games, he now has 7+ rebounds at just 180 lbs. For reference, NBA All-Stars Steph Curry, Damian Lillard and Kyrie Irving have never averaged 6.0 rebounds in a season.

Read More : pgslot

Login so you can join the discussion! Login Register