Home Forums Deck Talk Tamiyo, Field Researcher // Eladamri's call

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  signaturespell 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

signaturespell
    Community Member

Hey Guys and Gals

I am really exited to present to you Part 1 of a four part deck tech series

highlighting my top 4 Oathbreaker decks!

In Part 1 I will be going over my very first Oathbreaker!

it has changed quite  bit over the past year and a half, it really has evolved to take advantage of Pophet of Kruphix. Now having said that it is not a full fledged combo/Prohet deck.

The main goal of the deck is to amass an army of tokens, play out a crater hoof and stomp all your opponents with 100+ trample dmg each. All backed up with blues protection and whites removal.

there are quite a few synergies in this deck.

1: Prophet of Kruphix. Yes while I said this is not a Prohet deck it is the crazy play line the deck has besides one golden late game play, more on that later, I essentially goes like this 1: With a token doubler in play, cast Tamiyo, either have Propher from in deck search or go ahead and use that ramp to Eladrami’s Call for her. 2 Now you untap during the next persons turn, more opponents the better, Eladrami’s Call again for Deep Forest Hermit you now have 8 tokens, untap during second opponents turn cast Deep Forest Hermit, untap during 3rd opponents turn and Eladrami’s Call again for crater hoof. During your turn cast Craterhoof and attack, assuming you had no creatures in play before, not likely, you now have 10 creatures that get +10 +10 and haste, the squirrels get +1+1 also. so you now have 8 12/12 trample haste squirels a 11/11 Hermit and a 15/15 Craterhoof. Thats a whooping 122 trample damage coming at the whole board! that’s 30.5 dmg ea! WOW!

2: Search effects for creatures. Creatures are the mainstay of this deck. They ramp, counter, create token’s and ultimately is our win con. Craterhoof Behemoth is a important component to this decks performance, tho not necessary to win, adding search effects increases our “total” count of Craterhoof’s. On top of that I add a few key tool box creatures. Also this allows us to get out Prophet of Kruphix more consistently for the crazy plays she enables when we have our Oathbreaker out.

3:Doubling season enables on crazy synergy in this deck. simply playing doubling season and untapping with it in play allows us to cast Tamiyo, instantly use her ultimate and after drawing 3 cards and being able to cast everything for free, accept your signature spell, will enable you to win most of the time that turn.

4:  Chulane, frilled mystic loop. which one the one side is great for grindy games, however she is really in there to take advantage of Deep Forest Hermit’s etb and Craterhoof Behemoth’s…. not that it should be necessary. and Charming prince is a nice quick and cheap way of flickering Deep Forest Hermit and its attached to life gain, a nice way of sneaking in a one of effect that can come in handy. also Chulane can flicker this.

5: 4 one sided board wipes, to clear away all your opponents blockers and go for the kill! not likely that your gonna need it Pfff And a couple exile permanent effects on a creature.

6: While not a synergy counter magic is essential to protect the fragile framework of the deck, no Craterhoof no instant win. so I crammed in as many as i could without affecting the decks consistency.

Oathbreaker: Tamiyo, Field Researcher

Signature spell: Eladrami’s Call

Ramp:

1 x Noble Hierarch, 1x Birds of Paradise 1x Utopia Sprawl

1x Arcane Signet 1x Sunscape Familiar 1x Farseek

Counter Magic:

1x Force of Will 1x Force of Negation 1x Swan Song

1x Counterspell 1x Dovin’s Veto 1x Render Silent

1x Frilled Mystic 1x Cryptic Command 1x Mystic Confluence

Token maker’s // Token Doubler’s

1x Awakening Zone 1x Tendershoot Dryad 1xDeep Forest Hermit

1x Anointed Procession 1x Parallel Lives 1x Doubling Season

Creature Tutors // Creatures to Tutor

1x Shared Summons 1x Summoner’s Pact

1x Craterhoof Behemoth 1x Chulane, Teller of Tales 1x Charming prince 1x Prophet of Krupix 1x Seedborn Muse

One Sided Board Wipes // Exile Effects

1x Settle the Wreckage 1x Cyclonic Rift 1x River’s Rebuke 1x Winds of abandon

1x Fiend hunter 1x Banisher Priests

Lands

Basics: 2x Forest 1x Island 1x Plain

Azorious Lands:

1x Sea of Clouds 1x Hallowed Fountain 1x Irrigated Farmland 1x Glacial Fortress 1x Azorious Chancery 1x Celestial Colonade

Selesnya Lands:

1x Bountiful Promenade 1x Sunpetal Grove 1x Dcattered Groves 1x Selesnya Sanctuary

Simic Lands:

1x Breeding Pool 1xHinterland Harbor 1x Simic Growth Chamber 1x Flooded Grove

Tri Lands:

1x Misty Rainforest 1x Windswept Heath 1x Flooded Strand 1x Command Tower

Utility Lands:

1x Faerie Conclave 1x Castle Ardenvale

Thank You, Signaturespell

Login so you can join the discussion! Login Register